St. Gregory's House is a Nursing Home near Kendal, situated within lawned gardens and provides a Nursing & Care Home with a setting for thirty people. Over a period of 35 years serving the local community, St. Gregory's offers a Quality Nursing Home. Twenty-six bedrooms are single and two bedrooms are shared, with en-suite facilities.
A remote-control television can be provided in each bedroom if desired and telephone facilities are available in all rooms. Wi-fi is readily available throughout the home.
St. Gregory's Nursing Home offers a Client the option of either providing some, or all of their own furniture, in order to personalise the room, or we will tastefully furnish the room ourselves.
A gift from Lord Lonsdale to the Parish of Preston Patrick in 1853, the third of an acre site on which St. Gregory's is situated started it's life as a Vicarage.
In 1985, Christine Ellwood R.G.N. left the health service in order to fulfil her ambition of providing a Nursing Home, near Kendal, able to deliver optimum Nursing Care for all Clients, including those with mental frailty.
The reputation that Christine and her Nursing & Care Team have established since 1985 has gained the respect of Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals, Social Services and the wider community.
For over 35 years, St. Gregory's Nursing Home has been a family-run facility, able to provide a homely, Nursing and Care environment situated in a lovely part of the countryside.